The Female Alcohol & other Drugs Support worker, will provide confidential addictions education and support to individuals, families and the community, whilst promoting healthy lifestyles and healthy choices.
The Female AOD Support Worker will also deliver an appropriate range of drug and alcohol treatment programs to meet legislative requirements and health service agreements negotiated with the Department of Human Services.
- Full Time 38hrs per week, Fixed Term until 30th June 2020
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Awards 2010
- $28.21 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation and Access to Salary Packaging
Key selection criteria
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan and organise own workloads
- An ability to manage streesful situations
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Demonstarted negotiation and advocay skills
- Knowledge of the causes and effects of drugs and alcohol, and addictions on individuals, families and communities
- Understanding of crisis management and the ability to deal with life threaterning situations including the prevention of suicide
- Understanding of Indigenous culture
- Understanding of all relevant legislation, policies and practices
- Minimum Cert IV qualifications in Alcohol and other Drugs (Mandatory)
Applications close at 5pm Tuesday, 1st January 2019.
Applicats MUST address the Key Selection Criteria