To provide a culturally safe environment and individualised supports to strengthen young aboriginal people’s health and well-being, connection to community and culture, their engagement in education and training and pathways to employment.
• Full Time 38 hours per week, ongoing
• Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services Award 2010 (ACCHO)
• $22.66 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation and access to Salary Packaging
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the local Aboriginal community
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional partnerships to enhance opportunities and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and their families, the Aboriginal community, service providers and colleagues
- Experience in running group activities and events
- Written and computer literacy skills with the ability to prepare reports, maintain client files and case notes.
- Organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of local service providers and referral pathways within the youth sector
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 30th January 2019
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria
Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply