The Aboriginal Child FIRST Worker will work between Child FIRST, Njernda Aboriginal Co-operative and The Bendigo and District Aboriginal Co-operative on a weekly basis. Their role is to provide intake, assessment, support services and commence the development of support plans to ensure there is a strong link between BDAC and other support agencies.
• Full time 38hrs per week ending 24/02/2020
• Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010 (SCHADS)
• $33.06 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation and access to Salary Packaging
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualification in a Social Welfare discipline or equivalent (Cert III Minimum)
- Understanding of an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO) environment and the local Aboriginal Community.
- Demonstrated negotiation and advocacy skills in working with Aboriginal families and children.
- An ability to manage stressful situations
- Ability to problem-solve and develop strategic responses
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan and organise own workload
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 27th March 2019.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria
Applicants MUST identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act
BDAC is a Smoke Free workplace