The Aboriginal Mentor will work with clients to assist in working towards and achieving their individual goals and aspiration. They will provide assistance and support as required including linking the client into other BDAC programs and services.
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award (Level 3)
- Casual Employment (as per contract)
- 9.5% Superannuation and access to Salary Packaging
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the local Aboriginal community
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and their families, the Aboriginal community, service providers and colleagues
- Professional experience in supporting clients to identify their goals and put in place strategies to achieve these
- Experience in young people’s activities and events
- Written and computer literacy skills with the ability to prepare reports, maintain client files and case notes.
- Organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of local service providers and referral pathways
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 30th January 2019
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria
Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply