The Kinship Reunification Worker will work with Aboriginal children in Out of Home Care kinship placements, where the case planning direction is reunification. The work will be focused on facilitating reunifications, building on and strengthening connections with the child’s family, community, land and culture.
- Full Time 38 hrs per week, Fixed Term ending 30th June 2019
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010
- $28.91 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation and access to Salary Packaging
Key Selection Criteria
1. Ability to effectively and efficiently plan and organise own work and responsibilities.
2. Sound knowledge of local issues and needs of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
3. Knowledge of family connections and how the dynamics of the Family linkages connect within the local community.
4. Ability to work independently and in a team.
5. Demonstrated negotiation and advocacy skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with children, young people and families’ already in contact with Child Protection services.
7. Demonstrated ability in convening and mediating outcomes with groups.
8. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the capacity of engage families, elders and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Local community in a collaborative planning process.
9. Demonstrated experience of working in and with Aboriginal communities in the Loddon Mallee region.
10. Understanding of all current (relevant) legislation, policies and practice.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday, 17th Jan 2019
Applicants MUST address the Key Selection Criteria
Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply
BDAC is a Childsafe and Smoke Free workplace.