The Team Leader is a core role within the Aboriginal Children in Aboriginal Care team, the position will manage a team of staff, work with children, families and community to promote the safety, stability and development of Aboriginal children. This position will require after hour’s work (including weekends and public holidays) and will manage an on-call service.
- Full Time Employment
- Competitive Salary by negotiation based on qualifications and experience
- Access to Salary Packaging
- On-Call Allowance (when required)
The Bendigo and District Aboriginal Co-operative’s Mutjang bupuwingarrak mukman program (a Dja Dja Wurrung name meaning “keeping our kids safe”) is the second program in the state of Victoria in an Australian first.
The program operationalises section 18 of the Children Youth and Families Act 2005 giving the Aboriginal Organisation control of Child Protection Orders for specific children.
The opportunity to:
• Be a part of ground breaking work in supporting Aboriginal Children and their families.
• Creatively work to find solutions for children and their families
• Access to quality training in line with Victoria’s Child Protection workforce
• Unique experience of statutory work within an Aboriginal context
• Work in a supportive and friendly team environment
• Be a part of a leading organisation in the sector
Key Selection Criteria
- Understanding of an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO) environment and the local Aboriginal Community.
- An understanding of and commitment to strength based practice.
- Highly developed skills and commitment to supervision and performance management.
- Expert knowledge and ability to embed in practice, the Children Youth and Families Act 2005 and the Child Wellbeing Act 2005 particularly relating to Aboriginal children and families.
- Demonstrated self-care and resilience to supporting staff working with children and families in crisis and have experienced trauma.
- Proven skills in decision making in high pressure and time sensitive circumstances.
- Ability to prepare and oversee the preparation of high quality documentation for a range of audiences.
- Ability to work after hours and on call (when required)
- A recognised Social Work Degree or Diploma of Community Services qualification
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 19th June 2019
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria
Aboriginal applicants strongly encouraged to apply
For more information about the position, please refer to the position description or contact the Human Resource Team on 03 5442 4947.