The Care Services Case Management position will work with children and young people on statutory orders in out of home care placements, establish placement supports for new placements and make referrals to appropriate support services for carers, children and families. Workers will conduct detailed assessments of families and carers, placement suitability and support needs ensuring plans support connection to community and Aboriginal culture.
- Full Time Employment
- $28.21 per hour plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Access to Salary Packaging
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding of the Children’s, Youth and Families Act 2005.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and strategies for working with vulnerable children, young people and their families.
- Provide professional, effective and timely case management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Culture and the ACCHO environment.
- Understanding of self-care and resilience when working with children and families in crisis and who have experienced trauma.
- Demonstrated negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Strong computer skills, Ability to use Outlook and Word.
- Ability to prepare briefs, letters, emails and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct language. Ensure written communications contain necessary information to achieve their purpose.
- Be able to confidently convey ideas and information in a clear and interesting way.
- Ability to manage competing demands in a structured thoughtful manner.
- Ability to transport children, conduct home visits and willingness to travel for training.
- Diploma of Community Services
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 24th of October 2018
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria
Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply
For more information about the position, please refer to the position description or contact the Human Resource Team on 03 5442 4947.