The Case Support Worker will support a team of four Case Managers in conducting, visits, transports and administrative tasks in the Mutjang bupuwngarrak mukman program (a Dja Dja Wurrung name meaning “keeping our kids safe”) as it promotes the safety, stability and development of Aboriginal children authorised to BDAC under Section 18 of the Children’s, Youth and Families Act 2005.
- Full Time Employment
- $29.05 per hour plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Access to Salary Packaging
Key Selection Criteria
• Understanding of the Children’s, Youth and Families Act 2005.
• Knowledge of child and adolescent development and strategies for working with vulnerable children, young people and their families.
• Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Culture and the ACCHO environment.
• Understanding of self-care and resilience when working with children and families in crisis and who have experienced trauma.
• Demonstrated skill in building strong professional relationships with children and families.
• Computer skills, Ability to use a range of software and IT based reporting systems
• Ability to prepare plans, letters, emails and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct language. Ensure written communications contain necessary information to achieve their purpose.
• Ability to manage competing demands in a structured thoughtful manner.
• Ability to transport children, conduct home visits and willingness to travel for training.
• Experience within the Children Youth and Families sector
• Ability to work after hours (when required)
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 29th January 2020
Applicants MUST address the Key Selection Criteria
Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply
For more information about the position, please refer to the position description or contact the Human Resource Team on 03 5442 4947.